Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Zone Conference, Bai!

Good day everyone! :) It is good to hear from ye! Elder Warless here! I'm excited to tell you about our crazy busy week! :) To start, we had an adventurous P Day and saw some pretty cool sights! Grand Falls is such a beautiful area. This week I got to see more of the island. We went to the other major city in our area, which is called Gander. 

Gander isn't super big, but they people have the biggest hearts I've ever seen. There is a story about Gander, that during 9/11, some of the flights to New York had to be changed, so tons of them flew into Gander for the emergency. The people of Gander apparently fed and entertained those who were staying there. Many people in Gander talk about it. Pretty interesting. :) 

We taught several lessons this week as well. We taught 8 this week, and met some other less actives. We've been really busy here in Grand Falls. It's so cool! :) 

We are teaching Darren. He is the son of a member here in Grand Falls. He likes church and he comes every week, but he just needs some more time before he can get baptized. We also tried to teach our investigator Derek, but when we went over he was a little intoxicated, and he started preaching to us. Interesting, to say the least, but he still wants to meet with us, and he does have very real intent in finding out if this is Christ's church.

We also had Zone Conference this week! That was pretty exciting. It was my first time conducting at a zone conference, and I think that I did pretty well. I was a little nervous, but things were good. :) As a mission we are making some changes to go along with the 2016. This week we are having a Blitz Week! We are going to be trying to achieve 30 hours of finding and contact 300 people. We are also having mini challenges against the Sister Missionaries. :) We are probably going to win though ;)

We as a mission are aiming for 135 baptisms this next year. We are going to do it! It'll take some effort, but we can! :) 

It's been an interesting couple of weeks...I'm definitely still adjusting to the fact that I'm a zone leader now. It's a little different, but I will get used to it. :) 

I've been studying a lot on Faith and Miracles lately. (It's probably one of my favorite things to study.) I definitely know that as long as we have faith in Christ, we can accomplish all things and he can make weak things become strong.

I love you all. Have a great week! :)

Elder Worthiness



Scenery of Grand Falls

No comments:

Post a Comment