Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Blitz Week Bop!

Good day everybody! :) This is Elder WAN! I hope that you all had a fanTASTic week this week. We did here in Grand Falls :) I literally love this place so much. The Newfies are just my people. They are so funny, giving, and kind to everybody. (except when they aren't) but I digress. :) 

Speaking of digressing, one cool thing about Grand Falls is that it is the Cola Fountain of Newfoundland! Everybody drinks pepsi here. Like...everybody! And it is super cheap. Today I saw at the grocery store somebody buy an 8 pack of 2 liter sodas. (I didn't know that that was possible!)

We had quite an adventurous week this time around. We had a special challenge week called Blitz Week! We all had to contact over 300 people and find for over 30 hours. It was a good challenge for everybody, and I think it really stretched some of the missionaries who weren't sure if it was possible to get that many contacts and hours.

We didn't quite reach 300 here in Grand Falls, but we also had 18 lessons with investigators and less actives. But we did find quite a few people who said they'd be interested in learning the gospel. :) So neat to see how the Lord blesses us as we put out the effort. 

One of our investigators we found is named Lennea. She is pretty cool. :) She is a paramedic and is from Ontario! She moved to Grand Falls a few weeks ago and was very willing to listen to the message of the Restoration.

We also taught Darren and his daughter Erica. They are doing alright. They still need to keep coming to church, but other than that things are all good. 

We met with another investigator named Crystal, she came to church this week and enjoyed it! :) So that's good. :) 

On Wednesday a member of our church had her birthday. We decided to throw a branch activity and have her party at the church. It was a lot of fun, and she was so grateful. It was her first birthday party she had ever had, so it meant a lot to her. (she's in her 70's).

I've been doing a lot of pondering this week. December is already here, and that means the year is coming to a close. I've thought a lot about how I've changed on my mission, as well as how I've stayed the same. I'm so grateful for my Father in Heaven for getting me to where I am now. I love him so much. I know that the way I work on my mission shows how I love God. The way that I work after my mission, and the person I continue to become will show my love for God. I know that none of us are ever lost. That we aren't perfect. Not even close. But that Christ can perfect our imperfections and make us stronger, better, and happier.

I thank him for this week, and for the many weeks in the future!

I love you all!

Elder Walrus

No comments:

Post a Comment