Wednesday, November 25, 2015

From Elder Wilderness and Elder Hard-to-See

Hello everybody, this is Elder Wanlass :)

It's been quite a long week! With packing, driving, and learning about the area being most of my activities for the last little while,  I'm definitely going to miss St. Stephen and the people there. 

I'll especially miss Sandra Beaumaster. She is the first convert who I've had to leave on my mission. She's an amazing member of the church. She was the first person I met in St. Stephen, and one of the last ones I said goodbye to. It was pretty hard... she said "Thanks for all ya did!". A bittersweet moment to be sure.
 I had a great three months there. I'm super excited for my new area though! Grand Falls here I come! :)

Grand Falls is a pretty neat city. It's about 20,000 people which is my biggest area by far. :) (It's still not very big though.) It's in the dead center of Newfoundland, which is pretty cool. The members here are very funny. They give us nicknames, come to lessons with us, and they gives us snacks. (I said gives on purpose...newfie talk) The names on the title of this email are things we were called this week. :)

We only have about 13 members that come to church in an apartment building that's been converted into a church. Pretty cool. :) 

We had one really cool experience this week. We weren't really sure if we were going to be able to find a new investigator due to how much time we weren't in our area, but a miracle happened! We were walking to a recent converts apartment building, when a guy outside stopped us and asked what church we were from and where our church was. It was literally right across the street from the apartment building, so we pointed it out to him and he said that we could meet with him! He was so cool. His name is Derek and he wants to quit smoking. We put him on date for January 23, and he really liked the member we had with us. so that was neat.

Anyway, I hope you all have a fantastic week! love you!

Elder Wanted-List











Saying Goodbye to all my St. Stephen's Family.  (All the above pictures.)


Transfer day with Elder Astle and  Elder Edge!

More of the great people I serve with!

Here is our church that is located at an apartment.  (With Elder Hardesty)





Grand Falls-Windsor, Newfoundland

No comments:

Post a Comment