Friday, June 3, 2016

Standby...Cabot Trail

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP! Sorry everybody for the inconvenience. Due to Elder Wanlass being temporarily unavailable, there will not be an extremely long or meaningful letter this week. Elder Wanlass is in Cape Breton currently, under President Pratt's request, and he will be going on the Cabot Trail, a really cool scenic drive. :) He loves you all!

Elder Wanlass


Hey Mom!

I'm actually still on Cape Breton, and I don't have long to email, so it's perfectly acceptable that you letter is shorter this week. Mine probably will be a little shorter too. I don't even know if I'll get to do a good weekly email for everybody. Give them my apologies. Anyway, C. is doing well. We met with her this week and established some follow up. She is awesome. She seems very willing to come to church, and I'm excited for her to develop in the gospel. We met a new investigator named J., I messaged dad about her. You can ask him. We also met with T. and had an awesome lesson with him on faith. He has been lacking in purpose and has wanted to find more in his life, and we had an amazing spirit filled lesson. It was so simple, but we testified of how we came to know that the church was true, and he felt it. It was so cool.

Right now, the weather is pretty rainy. Cape Breton is usually like that, but it's been pretty warm this week. We got to take our suitcoats off.

As for funny things, we were street contacting in Antigonish and this lady who I stopped was WAY too happy to talk with us. She was in her late twenties and was really klutzy. But she said that she "Was a single mom with one child and that she was really cool." She also told me that her religion was based on a level up system. She was a Level 4 Healer...(a nurse) I was pretty surprised that that was her level, because she had been talking about it like she had been doing it her whole life, so I was expecting her to be like Level 80 or something...anyway that was really funny. We also talked with a former investigator who took the Bible very literally and was going to take a plane that week to hike the deserts of Israel without food or water because Jesus did it. That was odd. Elder Hunt and I got out of his house and he said: "D.'s freakin' weird!" It was really funny. :)

I have indeed been loving the people more. :)

Cabot Trail

No comments:

Post a Comment