Friday, June 3, 2016

Reap What You Sow, and Sew What You Rip and The Cabot Trail

Hello Everybody!!! This has been a decent week for me and for the NSN Zone! We had a pretty cool experience this week. Elder Hunt and I got to go on the Cabot Trail, which is an 8 hour scenic drive in Northern Nova Scotia (Cape Breton). It was so cool to drive and see the sunny places and the rough Atlantic Ocean as the day got later. Super sweet. My mom will no doubt have posted pictures of it at this point. I'll let the pictures do the talking for me.

Anyway, we got to serve in Sydney, Nova Scotia for a day, which was super cool! The atmosphere just feels really cool, and stuff is busy there. The area is made up of several decent sized towns and a city, so there is a quite a lot for two missionaries to handle by themselves. I worked with Elder Taufer, which was pretty cool since we went to Layton High together. It was a pretty good exchange and we got to know each other a lot better.

We also had an awesome district meeting and when we returned to New Glasgow there were bright green leaves on the trees! Up to this point the area had been full of dead looking trees, but as soon as we left they all bloomed! It's so gorgeous right now! 

I felt that I should also bring up that I taught myself how to sew this week! I have had several pants bust open in certain places, so I decided that I needed to make them last, so I learned how to sew. It doesn't look all that bad either, so I'm excited to get better over time. 

Other than that, we taught C. this week. She is doing pretty well, but due to a meeting we had with other missionaries we weren't able to get to our appointment with her in time. It was a little disappointing, but we were able to follow up with her reading and she has read 7 chapters since last week! It was so cool! She seemed a lot more interested in coming to church as well!

Anyway, that's pretty much all! I love you, stay strong and have a fanTASTic week! Bye!




Cabot Trail in Cape Breton

No comments:

Post a Comment