Wednesday, June 22, 2016

New Glasgow....I think that's our Area....Right?

(June 6, 2016)

Hello everybody! This is Elder Wanlass! :D This week has been absolutely crazy. We've traveled so much it's not even funny. Elder Hunt and I have had less time this week to proselyte in our own area than we had outside of our area, so that's pretty insane. A lot of it was due to the meetings that we had, as well as exchanges with the assistants, so it's been pretty interesting.

I'll give you the lowdown:

Monday was our P Day, but around 7:30 we left to go to Halifax (1 1/2 hour drive) and we stayed the night there. It was a pretty good P day, we worked hard with what time we had, so that was fun. :)

Tuesday was a fun day. We spent it with the Assistants making travel plans and then working a little bit. There was a lot of rude people we met street contacting, but we had a few good conversations with people. At the end of the day, Elder Hunt and I drove back to New Glasgow at around 8 pm.

Wednesday we drove all the way up to Sydney, Cape Breton for District Meeting (3 hours) we met there and afterwards we drove back and got home at around 5pm (3 more hours), then we drove to Sackville, Nova Scotia and stayed the night there for a meeting we had with the Mission Leadership council on the following day. (1 1/2 drive)

Thursday we spent the day with the other zone leaders and STL's. We got to go to the temple, and it was amazing! :) I love the temple and the feelings I have when I go there. :) We had a meeting in Halifax for a good few hours (until 3:30), and then we got home at 6pm.

After that, we had a couple of regular work days, but it wasn't as spirited as it could have been due to the week just being so crazy. 

Sunday we had an amazing opportunity to go to Sackville, NB to hear Dale G. Renlund speak to the saints in the two stakes! It was so cool! I had an opportunity to see members of the church in all 5 of my areas that I've served in! :) Even from Grand Falls! It was such an amazing experience. Not only that, but I got to see most of my companions on my mission. (the ones who aren't home or in Newfoundland anyway.) It was pretty weird, it felt like a yearbook day in a way. Haha! :)

I love you all! It was good to see so many people I love this week! Next week will only improve things! :)

Elder Wanlass

No comments:

Post a Comment