Thursday, March 31, 2016

Goodbye B'ys!

Hello everybody! So due to a new transfer schedule week, every six weeks my P Day will be on Wednesday from here on out. So that'll be fun! :) Anyhow, it's been quite a long time. I honestly don't fully remember everything that happened last week, mainly because of how long and slow this week has been. However, I can tell you what transfers are happening! :)

I am leaving my beloved Newfoundland home, and flying on a plane tonight to go to Halifax! My new area, is going to be New Glasgow, Nova Scotia, the newest zone leader area. My companion is going to be Elder Hunt, who has only been there for a transfer! :) It's going to be a blast, although I'm going to miss my friends here in Newfoundland. 

I had a goodbye dinner yesterday, and I was with Sister Borden and Sister King. They knew I was leaving on Monday because we told them, and they cooked up a delicious "feed" with traditional Newfoundland cuisine. It was awesome! :) They also got me a couple of presents that will be posted in videos :) It was really sweet of them and I'll always remember them all the way up here in Grand Falls.

Anyway, other than that, Elder Kelley and I just worked ourselves like dogs the past few days. :) Easter was good, had a delicious meal that Sister Borden made too.

Aside from that, I don't have anything else to say. I will have more coming next week. :)

Love you all!

Elder Wanlass


**Here is in excerpt that he sent to his mom.**

Well, this is it, I'm getting transferred!  I'm going to New Glasgow, Nova Scotia, which is a city of about 20,000 people! So it's a fair size. :) It's actually going to be my biggest area and I can actually street contact people too! So that's pretty exciting! We had a very long and slow week (usually the week before transfers always is.) Easter was fun. :) I have been running, and I'm doing pretty well. The weather was super snowy last night, but otherwise it's been good. :)

Easter was pretty exhausting for me. The members here were in the van when President called to tell me where I was going, so the following day they made me a Newfie Dinner and bought me presents and wrote me cards. It was super sweet. It was also probably one of the funniest dinner appointments that I've ever had, because they were saying every Newfoundland saying in the book! What odds! Shocking! I'se the B'y! I sent the videos and pictures over, so you should get them anytime. President called me and said "Well, I still need you to be a zone leader, so you're going to New Glasgow with Elder Hunt. 


So, New Glasgow is going to be fun. :) Elder Hunt is a really cool guy.  Anyway, today I'm driving 4 1/2 hours to get to the St. John's airport to fly out today. So that'll be fun. I'm excited to be serving in Nova Scotia North! I know a lot of missionaries in my zone already, like Elder Bate, Elder Heimonen, Elder Hovey, and there are also quite a few that I'll get to meet for the first time. Elder Taufer, a missionary that went to Layton High, and was in a few of my classes, is serving with Elder Bate right now! So cool! :)

Love you!

Elder Wanlass






My Newfoundland Family

No comments:

Post a Comment