Friday, April 8, 2016

I'm New in New Glasgow!

Hellloooooo everyone! I'm back, after a relatively shorter letter five days ago, it is nice to be able to have a little more time to send out emails. Things have been fanTASTic so far with Elder Hunt. We are both excited to be working in New Glasgow, and even though things haven't been the ideal the past couple of weeks, we are going to change everything!

Nova Scotia is a lot of fun. :) The church is a lot bigger here than in New Brunswick and Newfoundland, so everything feels a lot closer. I'm still not quite used to it. :) But I'm still a zone leader, and we are over the Nova Scotia North Zone, which covers the island of Cape Breton, the peninsula (Truro and New Glasgow), and the part of Halifax where the temple is located. (Dartmouth/Cole Harbour) So that's neat. The zone is pretty solid. We have some amazing District Leaders and missionaries in our zone are a good balance between skilled and new, so that is definitely refreshing from Newfoundland where everybody was ending their missions.

This week was pretty quick. I mean, it's only been five days since I last emailed, so it was a little quicker. I was able to see some pretty cool sights in St. John's before I left for the mainland, like Cape Spear, the most Eastern point in North America, as well as some lighthouses. It was really windy, but quite a sight!

The work here in New Glasgow has been pretty fun. :) We are both hard working and we both want to exercise more faith and find people to teach. It's going to happen. We've already found some pretty solid potentials, so it's been amazing! :)

Anyway, other than that, General Conference was amazing! One theme that really stuck out to me this time around was a sense of hope. I'm trying to avoid negative and discouraging emotions by looking at what God can do and surrendering myself to his will. I feel that I will be able to do that even more so. :D

I loved Jeffrey R. Holland's talk. The most fundamental principle truth of the gospel is that God will always love us!!! So amazing! :D

Anyway, I love you all! I promise there will be more stories this next week!

Elder Wanlass




Pictures from Cape Spear before I left Newfoundland.  This area is the most Eastern part of North America.

No comments:

Post a Comment