Saturday, April 23, 2016

Happy Spri-Are You Serious?! It Snowed Again!

Hellllllloooo everybody! :) It's been a great week here in New Glasgow! Things are happening, people are listening to us, and we are having a good time. :) I've very much enjoyed Nova Scotia since I've been here. We found 3 new investigators this week and taught 8 lessons, which is a fantastic week for us! :) I've sincerely enjoyed my mission. It's meant so much to me to be able to serve my Father in Heaven in this marvelous work. I love Him.

On Monday we had a decent day. We went to an appointment that we had with a man named David. He was a member referral, but we weren't able to contact him. His house is so big and we can't knock on the inner door because his outer door is always locked...so we are going to try again this week. It could be pretty promising. He wants to come to church! :)

Tuesday was a great day as well, we had exchanges with the Truro Elders, and they came here to New Glasgow. I went with Elder Smith for the day, and Elder Hunt with Elder Alger. Elder Smith is awesome. He is a new missionary who just came from the MTC a few weeks ago, and he is a great missionary and ready to work. We had a blast going to Antigonish, (one of my favorite places) and teaching people. We ended up teaching two lessons while we were up there. We found a young couple who are really promising. They are getting married in June, and both agreed to be baptized two weeks after their wedding if they know that the Book of Mormon is true. It is very promising! We've just had very solid lessons this week, and we were able to hit most of our goals. After we taught them, we taught Fred, the native investigator, once again. We read 2 Nephi 31 and taught him the Gospel of Jesus Christ. He seemed to understand that baptism is important.

Wednesday we had our District Meeting, and it turned out to be kind of a weird day. We had a lot of plans fall through, which was pretty disappointing, but we still had a blast, and it was a lot of fun to find.

Thursday we went out to Antigonish again. It is always so fun. We taught another lesson to the young couple, and tried to teach a lady who wanted me and Elder Smith back, but she lied to us twice about moving to two different imaginary addresses..so we decided not to worry about her at the moment. :) We then drove to Pictou for another lesson with a new investigator. She is an older woman who loves the Elders. When we invited her to be baptized she said: "Well....Probably!" and then she said yes. :) So that's good.

Aside from that, the rest of the week was snowy, cold, and not as fulfilling. People shut down when the weather is bad, I'm convinced of it. 

Anyway, that was a general synopsis of my week. Things have been pretty solid. It's been fun. :) I've enjoyed this week, and I love the work of the Lord! Have a fanTASTic day everyone! I love you all!

Elder Wanlass

Different pins for the different areas served.

No comments:

Post a Comment