Monday, September 7, 2015

What Do You Get When a Bishop, 4 Missionaries, and a Jehovah's Witness Meet Together?

Hey Everybody! It's been a pretty great week here in St. Stephen! We've seen some pretty good things happen and the work is moving forward! We've been able to meet with a few of our investigators, and we are finding people who want to come to church! So that's good. 

Right now we have three investigators, but we were only able to meet with 2. Sandra Beaumaster is a very nice older woman who really does want to come closer to God. We ended up putting her on date for October 3, and I really believe that she can make it. She just has to have the strong, firm testimony that will keep her active in the church. We are working towards that, though, so that will help a lot. Sandra introduced actually to her cousin Reid, who is also wanting to investigate and come to church. Unfortunately, neither one of them were able to make it because Reid had an allergic reaction to some medication he took, and Sandra was sick... but they will get there eventually.

The area of St. Stephen is really pretty. I'm so blessed that I get to be here in the fall. Between the trees, the scenery, and the ocean, it's something out of a dream. Next Monday we are going to go exploring in St. Andrews, which is a tourist town right on the beach. So pretty!

I'm really grateful for the members here. We got to have a corn boil in Calais this Saturday, where many of the members gathered and played ball and ate burgers. It was so fun! :) 

Another cool thing that happened took place at the local food bank that we do service at. (Here in St. Stephen we do a lot of service.) We got to talk with people about the gospel as we carried things out for them. One guy we met taking his groceries out. When I first saw him, I wasn't sure how interested he would be, but I had an impression to ask him about his life. He recently moved up from Bangor and wanted to find hope in his life. He wants to meet with us this week with his 8 year old son! So cool! :)

I definitely know that this church is true. I've been able to witness so many amazing things, and feel the promises God makes with us come true. I know that there are prepared people out here, and I'm so grateful for my chance to serve. Most importantly, I know that our Heavenly Father loves us, and he shows this love through are ability to change through the Atonement. How amazing is this gospel?

So I guess I should elaborate on the title of this email. Last night we had a fireside at the Bishop's house that us, the sister missionaries, and some of the members and the Bishop were a part of. It was really great, and we had an awesome discussion on how to do missionary work. Randomly, there is a knock on the door, and Bishop answers it. It was a Jehovah's Witness missionary that had been talking with our Bishop. He was invited in, and he taught us a whole bunch about his beliefs...so that was fun. All of us were very quiet and just listened politely. A couple of the members though were questioning things he was saying. He was a really nice guy though. :) Fun times!

Anyway, that was my week this week!

I love you all!

Elder Wanlass





Some of our Zone Conference pictures!!



My favorite!  Milk out of a bag.


Another beautiful view where I serve.



No comments:

Post a Comment