Monday, August 17, 2015

Where Did All of the People Come From?

Hey everybody! This is Elder Wanlass :) It's been a pretty good week this week. Unfortunately, same as last week. Progress has been a little slow with everything right now, and this next week could be my last week in Hampton. We will see! I'm going to try and work as hard as I can so that we can find people who are interested. I've seen a huge change in the people here in Hampton from the time when I first started here, and it makes me really appreciative of the doctrine that as we are anxiously engaged in a good cause, miracles and changes of heart can happen.

Mike is doing pretty well. He is progressing slowly, but surely. He still wants to come to church and get baptized, but he just needs to conquer smoking, and then everything will be fine. We also met another lady named Sandra. She met with missionaries in the 60's, and invited the Pentecostal missionaries, Mormon missionaries, and Jehovah's witness's over for "Bible Studies". We taught her about reading the Book of Mormon, and answered some of her questions on the Restoration. She seems pretty interested, and we will definitely see where it will go.

This week we ran into a lot of not very nice people! This week in Sussex there was a flea market going on, and people from all over Canada visit. Needless to say, where there is a gathering that huge, you know that it would be a good place to visit. Unfortunately, we ran into a lot of people that were vulgar, rude, and honestly, just not very nice. It was fine, we still talked with some people, but it just was interesting. We also were knocking this week in some pretty sketchy areas in Sussex, and some people were threatening to call the cops and stuff.  All in a week's work :)

Anyway, I love you all! Talk to you later!

Elder Wanlass

Yes, this is the beautiful place I serve.

Elder Taylor and me!

Elder Taylor and I with the sister missionaries.

Elder Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment