Tuesday, August 11, 2015

The Week Everybody went on Vacation...Even Elder Taylor

Hello everybody! I honestly don't have as much to write about this week, to be honest. Not much happened! A lot of people around here are on their last few days of vacation, so everybody we've been meeting with has been pushing us to next week. However, we have talked with a decent amount of people, so that's been good.

We have one investigator, Mike, who is doing really well and is progressing towards baptism by the end of the month, so that is good for sure :) We taught a few really powerful lessons to him this week about the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the Word of Wisdom, and obedience. I wasn't sure how he would take the lesson on the Word of Wisdom, but it was so miraculous. He said "Yes," without hesitation, and then when we got him started on the stop smoking program. He crushed his cigarettes! So cool!

Other than that, it's been a slower week. We've had to drop a few investigators, which has been tough. I have found a lot of people to teach here in the Kennebecasis Valley, but I've also dropped a lot of people... However, I know that even though people aren't necessarily always going to accept my message, I am fulfilling the work of the Lord! :)

Elder Taylor and I weren't even around each other for most of this week either, we were on exchanges for 3 days this week! Elder Taylor got to go to Saint John, and then Fredericton. :) So good for him.

Sorry for the shorter email, but I have to get going! :) I promise this next week will be a little more exciting! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment