Monday, June 29, 2015

President Leavitt Leaves

Hello Everybody! Elder Wanlass here! It's been a very good, bittersweet week! We have had a lot of success in finding people to teach, unfortunately, we've also had to drop a few. But we've been seeing miracles happen here in the Kennebecasis Valley! So many people have wanted to read the Book of Mormon, and making that our focus in finding has really helped, I think.

So as of tonight, President Leavitt will be ending his mission. He has served for three years and it's coming to an end. I can't believe that we are going to be getting a new mission president soon, but I know that the Lord calls his servants at very particular times for very particular purposes. I know that God knows my needs, and what I need to be doing is serving in this area. In a similar way, President Pratt has been prepared for the Canada Halifax Mission! He's going to do miracles :)

We managed to pick up four investigators, unfortunately, one of them dropped us this week, which was a little tough, but hey, it's okay :) We taught a couple very religious people this week, and they are both interested in reading the Book of Mormon! :) One of them was named Dawn Stoddard, she works at the Bible College in Sussex and owns a cafe. She fed us some fruit as we talked about the restoration of the gospel. She really seemed to agree with a lot of it. She's friends with some members of the ward here, and she actually went to our church 30 years ago. She had a lot of questions for us, and we had a good lesson :)

We also ran into another lady who worked at the Bible college and she gave us Bubble gum fudge! I didn't even know that was a thing. The important thing to realize though, is that she gave us her information, and she said she would be interested in meeting up with us for a lesson this next week! We have a lot of potential for this week, it's going to be so great :)

We also taught a Baptist missionary in a trailer park, and he accepted a Book of Mormon and everything! It's been so great! :) People here are really starting to open up to the gospel, and we are seeing more people that are interested as time has gone by!

I just want to close with my testimony. I know that this church is true. I know that God loves me. I know that my Savior is always there for me, and each one of us. His atonement is for everyone. Even though our lives may appear daunting, our challenges impossible, and our mistakes dark, we can always count on Christ to give us the light of the gospel. We just have to keep trying! As soon as we begin to try again, to persevere, and to believe, that is when faith becomes a reality in our lives. When Christ can come into our lives.

I love this gospel, I love my Savior. I wouldn't be out here if I didn't.

Love you all!

Elder Wanlass

More beautiful rivers!

Elder Taylor and I after a hard days work.





This is bubble gum fudge from a lady in Sussex.

No comments:

Post a Comment