Monday, June 1, 2015

I think it was JFK's birthday this week....

Well everyone, transfers are here once again! Not too many interesting things happened this week unfortunately, we've been trying to do our best to find people to teach, and it's been going decently, we've had people say yes, but we just need to get the commitments to sit down for a lesson. :) So right now we only had one lesson with a new investigator named John Kennedy. (Hence the name of the email :) ) It went pretty well, he had met with sisters back in 2012, but they stopped meeting with him for some reason. I don't really know why.

Anyway, other than that, the biggest thing is the results of transfers. I'm staying here in Hampton and getting a new companion named Elder Taylor. He's been out for 10 1/2 months and I've been out for 9, so it will be the first companion I've had who is older than me in a while. :) Elder Dooley is getting transferred over to Truro, Nova Scotia, so that's pretty neat! I think that he will really enjoy it there.

Other Than that, we haven't had too many super exciting things happen.

I've been really thinking about what scriptures apply to me and the work right now, and I think that one of them is Helaman 10:5. In it, God is talking to Nephi telling him how thankful he is for the diligent missionary work he had done. He promised him afterward that he will reward Nephi with any blessing that he can ask for, because he knows Nephi will ask in righteousness.

"And now, because thou hast done this with such unwearyingness, behold, I will bless thee forever; and I will make thee mighty in word and in deed, in faith and in works; yea, even that all things shall be done unto thee according to thy word, for thou shalt not ask that which is contrary to my will."

This blessing will go to all of us who are truly seeking to become like Christ in every way imaginable. As I strive to be diligent, strive to have faith in Christ, and strive to work as hard as I can, I will be blessed. No question about that.

I love my Savior, I want every person to know that this is true!
He lives!

Love, Elder Wanlass

St. John, NB District

Packages from home are the BEST!

The Hampton area has some beautiful rivers.

No comments:

Post a Comment