Monday, June 15, 2015

When Life Gives You Lemons....

Hello Everybody! Elder Wanlass here! This week has been pretty good! We found a new investigator, are beginning to teach more people, and things are just starting to get better :) This week has been super sunny, which given the erratic weather here in the Maritimes, has been quite pleasant. Elder Taylor and I have been working hard, and as we continue to work diligently, searching for more people to teach, we will be able to find more people to teach!

This week we had zone conference, which is a time for all of the missionaries in New Brunswick, Maine, and PEI to gather together and learn more about how to become better missionaries! I got to see my Maine district once again, which was really nice. Elder Beacham is doing well, and one of the investigators we found together on my second to last week in Caribou (Devin Cote) just got baptized! Miracles happen, and I know that people are constantly being prepared to hear of the gospel and become members of the church. 

This week was Hampton's annual yard sale day, so as such, many people were outside and driving through Hampton. Because of this, we wanted to get people to see us, since most people weren't home. We decided to set up a lemonade stand and give out free lemonade, copies of The Book of Mormon, the Bible, etc. It went pretty well, even though we didn't talk to as many people as we would have liked, it still got us out there and was something different than exclusively knocking. 

Hampton has definitely been a good area to work in. It's taught me a lot about myself, about the way I work with people, and about my Heavenly Father. I will always try and think of ways that I can serve him, that I can become a better person, and ways that I can use my agency for a good cause and bring to pass much righteousness. (D&C 58:27) The ward here is great, the people are fantastic, people in general are nice to us and willing to talk.

I hope you all have a great week! :) I know that I will!

Elder Wanlass



No comments:

Post a Comment