Monday, June 22, 2015

A Hole-In-One Kind of Week

Hello Family and Friends! I hope that you all had a great week! I know that mine has been good, and I can't wait to share it with you all today!

Overall this week we managed to find more people to share the gospel with- four new investigators! It was so cool! One of them that I'd like to mention is named John Hartley. Elder Dooley and I had tried for a long time to get ahold of him, but whenever we tried to set up an appointment or anything, it always ended up cancelling. One day we drove past his house, and I had a feeling to go back and check on him. We drove back to his house and knocked on the door, and he let us right in Joyfully! We had a lesson about God, and we committed him to baptism on July 20! The spirit is truly leading each one of us to the people who we need to find.
 
Something kind of funny happened this week. We were going street contacting in the main area in Sussex, and we passed this church called the Higher Life Christian Centre. They invited us right in to talk with us. I guess for Father's Day they were letting the Fathers practice golf lessons, well, I'm not a father, but they let us in anyway. I talked with the pastor who had actually investigated the church before, but he wasn't super interested in chatting. Elder Taylor got to show off his mad swinging skills though! So that was good! :) We only stayed for a few minutes since we were working, but people here in the Kennebecasis Valley are just so nice!

Anyway, this week we also talked with a man named Vernon Dempsey. He has relatives over in British Columbia that are from our church. So he is kind of familiar with it. He was willing to let us in and talk with us about the church, and we ended up teaching him parts of the Restoration. 

One cool experience happened on Thursday as well. We were just about to help with some service for a ward activity, but they didn't have anything for me to do...so I decided to flip through some contacts in our phone. I decided to call Christian Gowan, a man Elder Dooley and I had talked with the day before Mother's Day. He said to stop by a different time, but he didn't seem overly interested at all. I decided to give another call to try it out. And his wife Jessie answered. I started talking with her and she said that she was Christian (not her husband, but religion.) and she didn't feel that we were. She thought we worshipped Joseph Smith. Well! I explained to her what we believe, I told her that Joseph Smith was a prophet, and I recited the First Vision to her. Immediately, she said "I believe everything you are telling me. I do." We are going to meet this week with her and Christian :) So good!

Yesterday we also were knocking some houses searching for a couple in a blue trailer on a really long and windy road. It was pouring rain, but we felt like we needed to go on. The first door we knocked on let us right in, and we are meeting with her tomorrow :) miracles!

Anyway, as you can see, miracles are happening in the Kennebecasis Valley! We will see success, we will see a baptism! It will happen! I know it! :D

Love you all! Have a great week!

Elder Wanlass! :D

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment