Monday, July 6, 2015

Our Mini Learning Center

This week was quite the change for sure! We had the chance to meet our new mission president, President Pratt. He is such a great guy, and he's already impressed me with some of the things he's said. I know that he is called by God. He's already helped me out personally :)

This week we've seen a LOT of stuff happen. We've had at least 6 lessons this week, and we've seen a lot of success in terms of finding people. Elder Taylor and I walked outside and got 4 potentials in an hour street contacting, which doesn't happen too much :)

This week was Canada Day, which was pretty fun. Our ward had a BBQ the night before, and we ended up teaching a couple people during it. We were just handing out copies of the Book of Mormon, and I talked with this lady for a few minutes. She had a question about our view of heaven, and I explained to her, (as well as the table of women) how there is the Celestial, Terrestrial, and the Telestial kingdoms. I showed her a few scriptures in 1 Corinthians 15 and 2 Corinthians 13 about the third heaven. :) She was blown away: "My pastor hasn't said anything about that! You are the only church who believes it? But it's so clear in the Bible!" I showed her one of our boards about the restoration, and she said she believed it! We got her information and should hopefully meet with her this week! :)

We also taught a pastor...she was super nice! :)

Aside from that, one other exciting thing that happened was I went to Saint John on an exchange! Saint John is an interesting city. I might've mentioned it in the past, but it is the oldest city in Canada. 1/3 of all people who live in the city of Saint John are unaccounted, so it makes street contacting a little interesting. Tons of people there are very poor too, so we see a lot of people struggling. It can be tough to see sadness, but the gospel is meant to help everybody! We had some good experiences teaching in Saint John, and we also met many people who were interested, so that was good! :)

Yesterday evening we also set some lessons up with a family of 5, and a couple guys that are both interested in learning about God! So cool! I love when people are so willing to meet.

Also, this week was Elder Taylor's Birthday, if you want to see a funny video, check out Elder Taylor's profile that sister Downey posted! It's hilarious! :)

I love you all! I hope you have a great week! Enjoy the 100+ degrees!

Elder Wanlass

Here is my awesome St. John's District!!

Happy Birthday Elder Taylor!

Birthday celebration for Elder Taylor

School has come in handy!

We are prepared to defend the Faith. :)

First Zone Meeting with Pres and Sister Pratt


No comments:

Post a Comment