Tuesday, July 14, 2015

I'm 19! It Only Took a Year....

Well everybody, it finally happened! I'm 10 months out and I finally turned 19! It's about time! :) Before I talk about my birthday, I'll start by summarizing this last week:

We had a really good week this week to top it all off! We hit all of our goals and are finding more people that are interested. The ward is really getting excited for the work that it is going on. We've had many people help us out in the ward and we are teaching more people than Hampton has seen for a while. It's so good!

We spoke in sacrament meeting yesterday on member missionary work. Elder Taylor covered the "How to" part of the missionary experiences, and I covered how we need to have the hope to make those experiences happen! It was really good and I hope that our talks inspired some of the members to look for ways to serve the Lord.

We found a couple new investigators! One of them is named Mike Durley. He is from Sussex and we met him street contacting. He has a few grandkids, and loves his family. We talked with him and he had a strong desire to find God once again in his life and come to church. We taught him the restoration, and he accepted it! So cool! We are trying to get him to come to church now. He has minor word of wisdom issues, but nothing major. He shows a definite desire to come closer to Christ.

Aside from that, we've been finding a bunch of people who are interested, we were able to see the Reversing Falls in Saint John and it's just been a good week!

My birthday plans are pretty exciting! We got subway for lunch, donairs for a snack, and we are eating at a member's house and teaching two lessons tonight! It's so good! :)

I love my mission so much!

Love Elder Wanlass

Here are some pictures of Elder Taylor and I visiting the Reversing Falls in St. John, NB.


Elder Taylor admiring the scenery.




No comments:

Post a Comment