Monday, March 30, 2015

Woody Woody Woodstock

Well everybody, another week has flown! I literally can't believe that March is over! It went by so fast! I have a feeling that the weeks aren't going to slow down, no matter what! This week, to be honest, might have been the roughest one I've had in a long time. We had four investigators drop us, we have Omar close to baptism, but he just has been the hardest person to get in contact with because of his work. Despite these things, we are still pressing onward! We have a few really solid potential investigators that we are working with right now, and I have been able to see a lot of potential within Caribou, and through are increased efforts, those will increase.
Aside from meeting with Omar and discussing the importance of baptism, we ended up getting a ward list from some members of people we need to go and find. One of them, after a little bit of thought and prayer, I decided to go see. When we stopped by the house, we discovered that the man had moved away, and a lady was there instead. She was very nice to us, and mentioned that she had actually met with missionaries before! We asked if she would be interested in taking some lessons with us once again, and she said that she would totally be willing to! So neat! Another lady we met while knocking, and she told us we believed that Joseph Smith was God...and I quickly cleared that concern up. When she found out we believed in modern day prophets, she was very willing to have us come over at a different time. Next week will be booming!
The family we taught last week, (The Garmin's) their daughter actually came to our church this week! It was quite exciting, and the father wants us to come by next Wednesday. Another miracle happened! I was pondering who I could call from our area book, and I decided to try and see how Jason St. John was doing. He was the investigator I first started teaching seven months ago, and I figured he might be interested in meeting up now that the weather was starting to get better, when I called him, he said he wanted to meet again! Miracles!
Aside from all of these little miracles we've had, I had the opportunity to go visit the Woodstock area for an exchange. I got to spend the whole day with Elder Thompson. He's a great missionary, and they just recently got somebody on date for baptism!
Woodstock is essentially the Bible Belt of Canada. There are 20 different churches in a town of 3000 people, and so many people who are zealous about their religion, or VERY rude about it. Elder Thompson and I taught a really good lesson to one of their investigators Bailey, who is pretty solid! We had such a good time street contacting, talking, and meeting with different members, and we were able to get a lot of work done.
Well, that's pretty much all I have to say about this week, right now I'm in Fredericton to go to the Halifax Temple soon! :D I'm super excited to go for my first time. Pictures will be taken. It's will be so much fun! :)
Take care everybody!

Elder Wanlass

No comments:

Post a Comment