Monday, March 2, 2015

No Noodles were Harmed Except the Ones in the Microwave

What a week! It seems like the time just continues to fly! It's been a pretty good week, to be honest, we've gotten a lot done, we've talked to a lot of people who have been interested, and we've taught quite a bit of lessons. Most of them have been with our investigator Omar. Omar is such a cool guy! He literally believes the church is true, accepts all the teachings of the church, and is just super solid! We actually just had a lesson two minutes ago with him. :) We got to show him who Thomas S. Monson was, and let him listen to the talk Obedience Brings Blessings. That is a great talk, and because we have been talking about the commandments with him, it really applies to everything we've discussed! :) He is going to be baptized March 28! Set the dates down everyone! :)

Other than that, we've had a few pretty neat experiences. On Tuesday we went home teaching with a member. We made a stop at an inactive lady's house. Her name is Erinn. As it turns out, she has a husband and three kids who are not members of the church. As we continued to talk and laugh with their family, we started learning more about their family situation, and how one of the kids is having some severe health issues. Immediately, in front of everybody, I told them all in that room that the message we share is one of eternal families, and that we will all be able to live with our families forever because of Jesus Christ. All of the kids (especially the one with the health problems) said they wanted to have us back, and the parents agreed. We have a lesson set up with them for this next week, and I know that I was inspired to say something to that family.

The rest of this week had been filled with lots of work!

One funny story is the sisters gave us a referral for this black guy named Broly (pronounced Brah-lee) Well, we went to talk with him a couple days ago, and he is like 6'4", and really nice to us. We started talking about the church and how we believe in a modern day prophet, and he said: "I know! That's me! Where you been all my life?!" Then he gave us a hug. It was HILARIOUS! Let's just say that we are not teaching him in the near future. :)

We also had a pretty dreary experience with a cup of noodles....I put one of those Maruchan quick noodles in the Microwave, but I didn't exactly read the instructions, so I put it in the microwave, and let's just say I didn't get to eat anything that day.

That's pretty much all I want to share, but I hope you all are having a great week, and I know that the Lord has called me to be a representative of him, and to stand in his place. I love my Savior, this work, and I will do my best to complete it! :)

Working hard!

Here is Omar!

Mandeville's chicken got frostbite on his feet and one of them fell off.  So now sadly, he just stumbles and hops.

No comments:

Post a Comment