Monday, March 16, 2015

There's a Body in There.....

Hey Everybody, another week has come and gone! :) It's been overall a pretty decent week! We've been able to meet with some of our really solid investigators, and overall I'm just very happy with how the work has been going. I don't have as much to report this week, and I'm actually pretty busy today, but I want to let you know that I'm doing well, and I've been working hard!

I have a couple pretty neat stories. One day earlier this week I was looking through some member records, and I found one family that piqued my interest. It was the Lento family. I decided that I would try and contact them, because they have been inactive for several years. Unfortunately, their number wasn't in the records, and I was a little confused on what to do. Luckily, a member gave us a phone book for the area a week ago. I was poring over that, and I found their name after a little searching. I called them, and as it turns out, she was wanting to come back to church. He isn't a member, and his kids aren't either, and they had questions about the church.  How cool is that?! We have a dinner appointment with them this Friday! So exciting! :)

One funny story was Elder Beacham and I were at this old man's house. I was looking at his shelf, and he had several cool decorations, including a coke bottle filled with sand. I complimented him on his choice of decoration, and he said "There's a body in there." Apparently, that was the urn this man used for their son. Strange. I almost burst out laughing, but held it in anyway. :)

Anyway, I'm sorry this letter is so short.  We just have a lot going on! :) I hope you all have a fantastic week! I love you all! Enjoy your week!

Elder Wanlass

No comments:

Post a Comment