Wednesday, October 7, 2015

A General Conference Transfer Week....That doesn't happen too Often!

Hello my friends and family! It's been an amazing week, and an even better weekend, nothing can beat listening to our modern day prophets and apostles, and this conference really touched my heart so much. Some of my favorite talks were from President Nelson, Elder Ballard, Elder Cook, and President Monson's, and many more. I think that this was one of my most memorable conferences I've had on my mission.

Aside from conference, we've been really eventful because of transfers! As it turns out, Elder Bate is leaving to be with one of my previous companions in Truro, Nova Scotia, Elder Dooley. I am getting a new companion: Elder Gardner! Elder Gardner is from Idaho, and I've served around him quite a bit before. I'm really looking forward to working alongside him. :) He is such a fun guy and we'll have a good time and work hard.

We had the opportunity to teach a new investigator this week. Most of our investigators have been sick or busy, so we haven't really gotten to contact some of them. But we met with this lady named Celeste in Eastport, Maine. (The place with the lobster pizza.) She was a Catholic, but she wasn't really ever solid in a particular belief, so she believed in reincarnation....it was an interesting lesson, but when she understood the doctrine of the Plan of Salvation, she understood things much clearer.

I am so excited to be staying in St. Stephen, it is such a beautiful place and a great area! I'm going to have a blast!

Love you all!

Elder Wanlass


No comments:

Post a Comment