Monday, October 12, 2015

Harvesting Souls with Elder Gardner! (and Sebastian)

Good day everyone! It's been a pretty interesting week this week! :) We had transfers, so that was pretty eventful, my new companion Elder Gardner is with me now. :) We had a lot of fun this week, and we talked to a lot of interesting people. Not much happened at the beginning of the week, but now things are all good. I really enjoyed this week overall, but I'm super tired. :) Today is actually Canadian Thanksgiving, so we are eating tonight, and then next month as well! Benefits of Maine I suppose :)

Anyway, this week we taught Sandra, and we had a really spiritual lesson with her on Hope and the Restoration. She wants to make it to baptism. The Elders before didn't really commit her to do too much, so we are building from the ground up. This will be good. She is committed to be baptized and she came to church this Sunday and LOVED it! It was so good! After one of our lessons she even took us out for a lobster dinner! It was delicious. She's going to get baptized!

This week we also had the opportunity to go on splits with some of the members here in St. Stephen. After Church we split off and Elder Gardner went with the Senior couple and I went with a Priest in the ward. We went out and talked with so many people and got 8 potentials. We also got a neighbor referral, and we walked over and the guy let us right in. We taught him about God and the Book of Mormon, and he wanted to have us come back! It was such a neat experience. Most people that we talked to initially weren't interested, but as we started to speak with them, their hearts were softened and they invited us back. It was so cool. :) I love the gospel.

My ponderizing scripture for this week is Helaman 10:4-5

"Blessed art thou Nephi, for those things which thou hast done. For I have beheld how thou hast with unwearyingness declared the word, which I have given unto thee, unto this people. And thou hast not feared them, and hast not sought thine own life, but has sought my will, and to keep my commandments. And now, because thou hast done this with such unwearyingness, behold, I will bless thee FOREVER, and I will make thee mighty in word and in deed, and in faith and in works, even that all things shall be done unto thee according to thy word, for thou shalt not ask that which is contrary to my will."

I love this scripture, I must give it all I've got! :)
Love you!

Elder Wanlass


 Elder Gardner

 Look at the fall leaves!

 Sebastian serving with me for the day.


I love the McAteer's!  

No comments:

Post a Comment