Sunday, October 2, 2016

Cavendish and Muslims

Sept 5, 2016

Hey everybody. This is a little bit a poignant emailing session. I can't believe it honestly is my last real one. The time has flown so fast. I remember the beginning of my days in Caribou just like it was yesterday. And now the journey has eventually led me here in PEI, where I've been fortunate to meet so many amazing people. The Atlantic Provinces in Canada are such pretty places. I love it so much here.

Today we are emailing a little later than we usually do, but that is because we had the chance to go up to Cavendish this P Day with the other PEI elders. It was a lot of fun. We had a lot of missionaries there, so we just had a great time seeing some of the beaches and touring a couple of neat places. For those who don't know, Anne of Green Gables takes place on Prince Edward Island, and because of that there are a few neat little tourist areas where you can see the Anne of Green Gables house, walk on a few trails, and even talk with Anne. It is a pretty simple place, but it was fun in our group. :) After that we also checked out a few beaches, and that was fun.

This week was also pretty cool, because with September coming up again, we have the chance to talk to a lot more university students. Elder Ashby and I have been able to street contact and knock some of the college housing, and with that brings a lot of diversity and a lot of interesting lessons. We picked up two new investigators, and both of them were Muslim. It's pretty fun, because my whole mission I've been teaching exclusively white people, and now that I'm in PEI in the fall, all of these people from Nigeria, China, and other places all over want to be taught, and so we have to adjust our approach a little bit. It's been a good learning experience.

Other than that, the ward is great here. I love Charlottetown so much, the members are so fun and they are very helpful with missionary work. I've come to appreciate the work that the members do to help us out.

Anyway, I think that is all that happened of crucial importance this week.

I want to let you all know that I know that this church is true. I've been able to learn and experience the Doctrine of Jesus Christ for myself, and help it to impact other people to any degree that they accept it. I know that this can change people's lives. I love this gospel so much!

Have a great week everybody. :)

Elder Wanlass

No comments:

Post a Comment