Thursday, May 5, 2016

My Days in the Metro

Hey friends, family, and acquaintances reading this right now!!! It's good to hear from all of you! (Not enough of you write me, sadly.)  :( But things are going well here in Nova Scotia. Unfortunately, because me and Elder Hunt had to go on two exchanges in the city this week, we didn't really get to work as much in New Glasgow as we would have liked, but it was fun all the same.

We started this week by going to Halifax on Monday night. We didn't do much else on that day.

Tuesday though was great! We had an exchange with the assistants and I spent the whole day in Halifax. ACTUAL Halifax. It was pretty neat. Halifax in actuality isn't really THAT big compared to other places, but for our mission, it is definitely the biggest area to serve in for sure. There are so many people just walking around. We street contacted for three hours straight, which was a lot of fun, but it was a little insane to me how many people we had talked to. I was with Elder Argyle, who was my zone leader when I was in St. Stephen. He is from Kaysville, and went to Davis High, so that was kind of cool. After the street contacting, we went to see a recent convert named Wayne. He was baptized a month ago, and I met him the day before his baptism. He is super strong in the church and he fed us spaghetti with carrots in it! (It was really good.) The whole day we had a member with us named Brandon, and he is a really nice guy and wants to do good things. He street contacted people with us! That was neat!

Wednesday we then went across the bridge to Dartmouth, which is part of the Halifax Metro, and is the section that is in our zone, and we did an exchange with the Dartmouth Elders. It went...interestingly. I liked it actually. :) The Dartmouth Elders don't have a car, but we do. Elder Hunt and Elder Hovey took our car and went around town contacting former investigators in the area book. Elder Marcelino and I talked to a TON of people it wasn't even funny. We went street contacting, we went trail contacting, and we even bus contacted! It was neat being able to take a bus around the city. I was getting the hang of it. Elder Marcelino and I taught a lesson in the sketchy area of town, which was funny because for me, I didn't realize it was going to be sketchy until we got off of the bus. The lesson went really well. We taught a mom and her two kids, and we all said a kneeling prayer in a circle. It was amazing. After we got out of the lesson, it was nigh around 8 in the scariest part of town. There were plenty of hooded men walking around, but we ignored them and walked to the Bus Terminal. :)

The rest of the week was kind of a blur, mainly because a lot of our lessons we've set up have fallen through, but things have been really solid otherwise. Elder Hunt and I are doing well together, and I'm loving the missionary work. :) I can't say that enough!

Love you all!

Elder Wanlass


Halifax City


Elder Hunt


No comments:

Post a Comment