Thursday, January 14, 2016

I A'int Goin' Dexin'

Happy day, B'ys. It's been a cold winter's week in Newfoundland, and it's been a very busy one as well! We've just been working as hard as we can, and I think that the work is going to just continue to build. We were able to meet with a few people this week, mostly less active members rather than investigators at this point, but the work is taking off in the right direction. 

We were able to talk with Samantha Nickerson and her boyfriend Greg, which was decent, but they were unable to make it to church for one reason or another. It's pretty sketchy meeting there because they have a few teenagers that live above them that are always having really loud and obnoxious parties where they do bad things. So we get yelled at occasionally when we meet them. Fun times!

We also had a chance to stop by Melissa Elliot, who is a less active who moved from Ontario to come up here for work. We are going to be meeting with her and her two kids for family home evenings where we will teach the missionary lessons. It will be a lot of fun, and one of her kids was talking about getting baptized, so that's sweet.

We were able to teach the Restoration to a man named Chris Young this week, which went pretty well. He was open to continue meeting with us, but we just couldn't get a specific return appointment. I feel like if we can continue to meet with him, he would have a lot of potential. His relatives own a candy store in town, which is sweet! :) (No Pun intended)

This weekend we also had a branch activity. It was an indexing day! :) Hooray!!!!!? I put a question mark because literally all of the members said this simple phrase except the relief society representative: "I A'int Goin' Dexin', I have enough family I have to deal with now!" By some miracle, we were able to gently persuade them to come, and they did indeed 'Dex. :)

I still don't really know how to index, but hey, at least good came out of it. :) 

Well, that's pretty much it for this week. I love you all, keep up the good work :) and I will too!

Love you! :D

Helder Wand-less (How have I not used this one yet?)

No comments:

Post a Comment