Monday, May 11, 2015

Mother's Day....Wow!

I literally cannot believe it. Here we are, once again, doing another Skype call! :) I can't believe how fast my mission has gone! I've enjoyed getting to learn so much, whether it be through the scriptures, my companions, or through prayer. I've been able to see miracles, God's hand in my life and in the lives of other people! It's been a fantastic sight to see. Hampton has taught me a lot about myself, and a lot about what I need to become.


Mothers Day Skype Call!!

This week has been very eventful. We don't have any investigators right now, because we had a lot of lessons cancel on us, but we have picked up some pretty solid potential investigators! One of them is named Jesse. He is a 20 year old guy who met us at the gas station. We were going to the gas station to talk with a referral somebody had given us, and we ran into him instead, he seemed pretty happy about it, and really willing to listen. We have a lesson set up for this week :)

We also met a family! :) It was so great! Paul, one of the people we met a week ago, he invited us right into his house, and said he was busy at the time we originally set up for the lesson, but instead he invited us over tonight to visit with his whole family! :) So that's what we are going to do! :)

This last Wednesday as well, we had a pretty neat experience. we decided to knock in a trailer park in Quispamsis. As it turns out, we went to this one guys house, and talked with him for a little bit. Elder Dooley was the one who was talking (it was his turn to knock), but I had the impression that I needed to say something. I asked the man if he believed in God, because he was leaning towards not speaking with us. As we talked, he said, "I believe in God, but there are so many churches that all say different things. It's hard to know where to turn." I then testified to him that this church was established by God, and not by man. His countenance changed, and he accepted a pamphlet with our number on it. It was quite a miracle. A simple miracle.

Of course also, there was the Mother's Day Skype Call, you can't forget about that! :) It was a good call, filled with fun talk about the culture here, family happenings, and mission happenings. Also, I'm expecting a selfie stick in the mail soon enough :)

Other than that, I just want to focus on the simplicity of the gospel! Our purpose in this life is to have joy, and to become more like God! I love those two simple truths, and I want to make sure I am truly enjoying every moment of my mission :)

Love you all! Have a fanTASTic week!

Elder Wanlass

Here I am looking kind of tired.

This was a first for me...milk in a bag.

Poutine...my favorite..so unhealthy.  This is a famous Canadian dish here.  It consists of  french fries, gravy and mashed potatoes.


No comments:

Post a Comment