Monday, May 18, 2015

A Slack Week

Oh my goodness...this week was very unique! Do you want to know why? Because for the first time on my mission, I got to wear slacks! It was absolutely crazy! The weather got up to 22 degrees (73 degrees Fahrenheit). It was weird being able to feel heat come from off the sun for once.

Aside from just the weather improving, in general, the missionary work in Hampton is improving as well! We've been able to get into more teaching appointments, we've been able to find more people to teach, and we've been able to uplift and inspire members of the Kennebecasis Ward! It's been such a learning experience, and although this week has been rough for me, we received so many blessings and rewards for the work we've accomplished. We now can work with the momentum that we have, and things will continue to be better, and despite all of these things, despite those who reject the gospel, I know that I will be blessed, and that's what truly matters.

Alma 26 has meant a lot to me in recent days, I read that the reason the Book of Alma is the longest book in the Book of Mormon is because it is the most applicable for our modern day needs. As I read it, I really understand the missionary application to me.

We had a lesson with a couple named Paul and Amanda. They are getting married this Saturday, so that clears up one concern! :) They were both really receptive to the gospel, and seem to have the desire to be baptized. She wasn't as sure just yet, but over time that will change. He wants to be baptized.

We also met with Russell Chetley again, and he has been reading the Book of Mormon and seems to enjoy it. I don't know how interested he is in switching religions, but it has been fun to teach him at the very least :)

We've been really fortunate for the lessons that we've been able to get involved with. I hope that as time goes on, we will be able to continue to see success even in darkness. I will press on! :) Have a fantastic week everybody, and always remember that miracles have NEVER ceased! :) (Mormon 9)

I love you all! Have a great week!

Elder Wanlass





1 comment:

  1. So happy your Mom posted this link$ isn't it awesome to know everyday that you are working for Heavenly Father? So proud of you Elder Wanless! The Strid family misses you!

    ReplyDelete