Monday, April 20, 2015

I MADE IT TO CANADA (the sequel)

Hello everyone! Well, transfers are here once again! As it turns out, I am leaving Caribou Maine, and I'm going over to Hampton, New Brunswick! I'm super excited, but I'm also pretty sad to leave the ward I grew up in. I learned so much as a missionary, and I learned a lot about how I can improve myself back home, as well as in the mission field. I also think of how many people I managed to talk to when I was in Caribou, and I think of those who will investigate and be baptized in the future, because of my efforts!

So Hampton is a really small town as well! It's pretty close to the bay, and is in the Kennebecasis Valley. I'm going to be the District Leader over the Saint John District, which is me and my companion, and then the Saint John elders and sisters. It's going to be so great! Hampton is the second biggest ward in the mission from what I've been told, which means I went from the biggest to the next biggest! :) Good enough for me! It's going to be weird serving in Canada, seeing the Maple Leaf , using kilometres, litres, and using celsius, but it isn't going to be too bad. :) I feel a strong sense of belonging to the Hampton area, and I'm really looking forward to going there this summer! It's going to be so beautiful and green!

This week was a great one for the Caribou ward! We hit all of our goals once again! We had a blast serving the Lord. It was definitely a great week! We went to this place called Houlton Dairy Farms that opened up this week! It was pretty good ice cream, and it was a great place to talk with many different people!

We had several lessons with some of our investigators. One of the new ones we picked up this week is named Devin Cote. He is Sie Winter's stepson, and he was really cool. He actually came over to church this Sunday, and we met with him a couple different times. We are beginning to build his faith in the gospel, and I really sense that it will make an impact on him. We also met up with Kenny Carmichael and gave him some clothes that were given by the Cubby. He is so grateful, and loves the gospel. He has been reading the Gospel Principles manual like it is a treasure! It is so cool!

One thing that I've been trying to focus on a lot lately is using the Book of Mormon as a central aspect of my missionary work. It is easy to get caught up in all of the other details of the church, and forget about one of the greatest fruits of the Restored church - The Book of Mormon. As such, I've made myself a central aspect to my teaching and proselyting. It's really been a testimony builder for me, and I've seen it impact others as I testify of its truthfulness!

I also had another chance to see the Halifax Temple again! So beautiful!

Well everyone, I'll see you next week in Canada! I'm super excited, it's going to be a party, eh?

Love Elder Wanlass!

The Himes Family

Jared Reed and me

McKenley and me

Here is a cool mushroom tree.

Here is another Halifax Temple picture.  See how the snow has melted since the last time I was there.  Spring is coming!

Sister Creager, Sister Leak, me and Elder Beacham

I stretched just a little too far back and ripped my suit.  Thankfully, Sister Baser fixed it easily.

I'm going to miss this place and the people that I have grown to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment