Monday, February 9, 2015

We are gonna have a Baptism. It's Gonna Happen!

This week, my friends, was so fantastic! We've seen so many miracles, so many blessings come our way, and I know without a doubt that my Heavenly Father has been with me each step of the way. I guess I will start with the most important aspect of the work. Our investigators!

To start, we have a new investigator named Marilyn Mayne. She is an older woman who lost her leg in a bout with cancer, however, she has a sincere desire to find the truth. She actually found the church through her granddaughter who is investigating in Florida. She told us that God had saved her life and told her that she had to do something before she could pass on. "Maybe you can help me find that. :)" She said. So exciting!!!

We also found somebody named Sarah. She is a younger girl, but she recently had a close family member pass on. She had a lot of questions about the afterlife, and such. I think she has a lot of potential to be willing to listen to the gospel again.

Omar is doing fantastic! We've taught him about the Restoration of the gospel and about The Plan of Salvation! We have committed him to be baptized, and he said yes without hesitation! I can tell that he is prepared, and I'm so glad that I get to help him come closer to Christ! :) His only major concern was "How many lessons until I can get baptized?" So cool!!! So prepared.

We had a busy and successful week this week, and we've seen so many miracles. We hit all of the goals we set for this week and far exceeded them! So that was cool! I feel like the work in Caribou has excelled far past what my ability is, and it really shows that this is the Savior's work, and not mine. He has given me promises as a missionary, and I'm here to fulfill them. In Alma 37:17-18, it reads that the Lord cannot withhold promised blessings as long as we are doing the things we are supposed to. Such a hopeful thing! I love my God and my Savior!

I encourage you all to read the lyrics to "A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief". I want to be able to cry to my Lord that I'll be willing to do anything for him, because of my love for him.

I hope you all have a good week! Remember that I love you all! Sorry this letter isn't as long, but I just can't sum up all the amazing experiences that I've been able to have! I will share them when I return. See you next week!


Look at this beautiful place I get to serve!!

Zone Conference earlier in the week.

Picture courtesy of Bro. Bennett.

No comments:

Post a Comment