Monday, July 18, 2016

A Teen No Longer.....

July 18, 2016

Hello everybody, as the title of the email says, I'm now officially 20 years old! That's super weird. It doesn't honestly feel that I'm that old. I still feel 18 sometimes, and according to people on the street, I look no older than 14... but that's okay, it was a pretty good week. :)

We started out by having the Summerside Elders over for exchanges from Monday to Wednesday. It went pretty well, and we had a good time. I took Elder Warren out on Tuesday, and we did a lot of finding, and found some pretty solid potentials. One of them was a lady named Velma who had ordered a media bible from our church a few years back. She was thrilled to have a copy of the Book of Mormon, and she found our church so she could come prepared to meet us. She's super solid, and we were able to teach her a couple of times this week. She is cool, and plans on rearranging her schedule so she can come to church next week.

Aside from that, we went out to a restaurant called Maid Marion's with a friendly man named Earl for my birthday. It was really sweet of him. He's in his 90's, and loves us missionaries. However, he doesn't want to join the church, but he's a really good guy. He's a legend.

The rest of the week has been up and down, we are finding a lot of people who are interested. We are trying to maximize our time here because there are so many tourists it can be hard to sift through everybody. :) Things are pretty good though. I love the work. I love Charlottetown.

I love you all!
Elder Wanlass

No comments:

Post a Comment